It is a condition of the material and product warranty issued with Dimond for Dimond products that the following maintenance procedures are carried out. Maintenance is essential to prolong the good looks of the product and to ensure that it performs as you would expect it should.
Roofing & Cladding
Careful and regular maintenance will extend the useful life of your roof. These guidelines are for the minimum degree of maintenance to ensure expected performance is achieved. Frequency of cleaning required will vary depending on the environment.
- Keep surfaces clean and free from continuous contact with moisture and debris.
- Areas that are not washed by rainfall will require regular cleaning (at least 2-3 times per year) to remove dirt and salt build-up.
Clean with fresh water and by scrubbing with a soft nylon brush.
- Inspect and replace where necessary any fasteners that have deteriorated sufficiently to cause a leakage risk.
- At the first sign of corrosion, the affected areas should be cleaned down, spot primed and then repainted to an appropriate paint manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Fading of the surface coating may occur over time and repainting may be carried out to retain aesthetic value.
- Keep surfaces clean and free from continuous contact with moisture, leaves or debris.
- Prevent dirt or salt build-up on exposed fascia and gutter surfaces that are not naturally washed by rain. Wash by regular cleaning with water and a soft nylon brush at least 3-4 times a year paying special attention to the unwashed areas. The frequency will depend on the amount of dirt and salt build-up. In marine environments where salt built-up is a problem, a monthly washing down procedure is recommended.
- At the first sign of surface and cut edge corrosion, the affected areas should be cleaned down, spot primed and repainted with appropriate paint to the paint manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The gutter is recommended to be replaced before perforation occurs.
- Gutters should maintain even fall to the outlet to avoid ponding and be kept free of vegetation.
- A degree of fading of the surface coating may occur over time and repainting may be carried out to retain aesthetic value.
NOTE: Where loose fill insulation is used, the soffit must be blocked off at the top plate to prevent the insulation coming into contact with the metal fascia.