For Designer, Metallic and Gloss colours, download the ColorCote® special colours brochure.
All dimensions given are nominal
Sheet width: ‡5mm
Sheet width for aluminium +0, -15mm. If sheet cover widths are critical, advise Dimond Roofing at time of order.
Sheet length: +10, - 0mm. For horizontal wall cladding where notified at time of order of intended use, tighter tolerances can be achieved +3, -0.
1) Recommended maximum purlin spacing’s at minimum radius.
(2) Based on 1.1kN point load support, but not intended for roof access.
n/a not available
Roll-forming facilities at: Wellington and Invercargill
Crimp Curving facility at: Wellington
Sheet lengths: LT5 is custom run to order.
Where long sheets are used, consideration must be given to:
- Special transportation licences for sheet lengths over 25m
- Site access for special lifting equipment
- Fixing techniques to accommodate thermal expansion
LT5 Limite State Load / Span Capacity
(span in mm, distributed serviceability loads in kPa)
- In any category, spans above the maximum shown should not be used. Category 1 and 2 maximum spans are based on static point load testing as a guide, and further limited by practical experience of roof performance under dynamic foot traffic loads. Category 3 maximum spans are limited as a guide to achieving satisfactory appearance for wall cladding.
- Loads given are based on 4 screw fasteners/sheet/purlin.
- Loads given are limited to a maximum of 3.5kPa. If design requirements exceed this limit, Contact Dimond Roofing for specific advice.
- Serviceability Limit State Load are not applicable to Duraclad material, as it does not experience permanent deformation
- System must include Safety Mesh it intended for use as a Restricted-Access roof. Refer Section 184.108.40.206
- N/R = not recommended
- End span capacities given in this table are based on the end span being 2/3 of the internal span.
- Design Criteria for Limit State Capacities
- Serviceability Limit State
No Deflection or permanent distortion that would cause unacceptable appearance, side lap leakage or water ponding, due to foot traffic point loads, inward or outward wind loads or snow loads.
- Ultimate Limit State
No pull through of fixings or fasteners withdrawal resulting in sheet detachment due to wind up-lift (outward) loads.
- Serviceability Limit State
- System Design
The span capacity of LT7/5 is determined from the LT7/5 Limit State Load/Capacity Chart using the section of the chart appropriate to grade and type of material, and to the category of serviceability selected from the three categories below. Serviceability loads have been derived by test to the NZMRM testing procedures. To obtain an ultimate limit state load we recommend factoring the serviceability load up by 1.4 in-line with NZMRM guidelines. The capacities given do not apply for cyclone wind conditions.
While these categories are given for design guidance to meet the serviceability limit state criteria, foot traffic point load damage may still occur if there is careless placement of these point loads.
Expected regular foot traffic to access the roof for maintenance work and able to walk anywhere on the roof. No congregation of foot traffic expected.
Expect occasional foot traffic educated to walk only on the purlin lines, in the profile pan. Walkways installed where regular traffic is expected, and “Restricted Access” signs placed at access point.
Non-access roof or wall
Walls or roofs where no foot traffic access is possible or permitted. If necessary, “No Roof Access” signs used.
- Wind Pressure Guide
As a guide for no-specific design the following S.L.S. design loads in accordance with the MRM Roofing Code of Practice can be used for buildings less than 10m high, otherwise AS/NZS 1170.2 should be used
Low wind zone = 0.68kPa, Medium wind zone = 0.93kPa, High wind zone = 1.32kPa, Very high wind zone = 1.72kPa and Extra high wind zone = 2.09kPa.
LT5 Fastener Design
LT5 should be screw fixed to either timber or steel purlins. The use of the appropriate length of 12g or 14g screw will ensure failure by screw pull out will not occur under loads within the scope of the Limited State Load/Span Capacity Chart.
*If sarking or insulation is used over the purlins or for wall cladding fixing onto a cavity batten, into the stud, the screw length will need to be increased.
For screw size range and fastener/washer assembly refer to Section 220.127.116.11 of Technical Manual.
The Limited State Load/Span Capacity Chart for LT7 is based on 4 screw fasteners/sheet/purlin without the use of load spreading washers. For LT5 Load /span capacity chart is based on 3 screw fasteners/sheet/purlin without the use of load spreading washers.
Profile metal washers are recommended for use:
- On end spans, or large internal spans where Ultimate Limit State distribution load is limiting. Contact Dimond Roofing for specific advice in these cases.
- When required to enable the fixing system to accommodate the thermal movement of long sheets – See Section 18.104.22.168 Thermal Movement in
- Whenever the designer wishes to ensure the risk of fastener over-tightening will not cause dishing in the crest of the profile rib
Use in serviceability categories (1) and (2) can allow the reduction of fasteners to 3 screw fasteners/sheet/purlin. If this is done, the distributed load capacities given in the chart should be reduced using a multiplying factor of 0.75.
Long spans may require specification and use of side lap stitching screws – Section 2.3.2 C Installation Information: Layout and Fastenings in Technical Manual.
Restricted access roof, 0.55mm G550 steel LT7 has a maximum end span of 1900mm and a maximum internal span of 2900mm.
The following distributed load capacities apply.
Fixing Layout Options
Relevant Product CAD Details
Below you will find all of the relevant product CAD technical details in .dwg, .pdf & .rvt format.
If you have any questions regarding the details below please contact one of our technical team on 0800 ROOFSPEC.
Product Data Sheet
For specific design by profile please refer to the Technical Manual Section 2.1.4 or download the data sheet below
Designed for applications where protection from severe climatic conditions and maximum structural economy is r...
Dimondek® 400 adds architectural interest to your roof, with its broad angular ribs and wide pans it brings m...