Natural ventilation of industrial and commercial buildings, or of the above ceiling roof space in air-conditioned buildings, is a cost-effective means of exhausting hot air or achieving a sufficient degree of air change in the building.
Natural ventilation should also be considered as a means of venting smoke in a fire situation and as a means of helping to control condensation by removal of warm moist air from the building space.
The roof system can be designed to incorporate a series of Ampelair Turbo Ventilators.
Design information is given in this section to enable estimation of exhaust airflow rate and hence a reasonable basis on which to design for the air changes required.
Ampelair Wind Driven Ventilators
- Locked-on rotor mechanisms prevents loss or damage in high winds.
- Corrugated vanes provide more strength and stability.
- Square to round base on all models.
- Sealed dual bearing system excludes dust, grit and other foreign matter and retains lubricant.
- Paint finish available to match roof selection.
For design calculations refer to section 220.127.116.11.2 of Technical Manual