For Designer, Metallic and Gloss colours, download the ColorCote® special colours brochure.
Dimondek 300 is a concealed clip profile, perfect for projects where fine detail and design proportions are paramount. Suitable for low pitch roofs, the stiffened ribs provide additional strength. A concealed clip system means no penetrations through the roof, greatly reducing the risk of leaks to the building.
All dimensions given are nominal
Sheet width: ±5mm
Sheet length: +10mm, –0mm. For horizontal wall cladding where notified at time of order of intended use, tighter tolerances can be achieved +3mm, –0mm.
*Dimondek 300 is available in Copper ex Auckland only, subject to coil availability.
(1) Recommended maximum purlin spacing at minimum radius
(2) Based on 1.1kN point load support, but not intended for roof access.
(3) Product only available in Colorsteel® coated product range
n/r – not recommended
n/a – not available
Roll-forming facilities for Dimondek® 300 at: Hamilton
Sheet lengths: Dimondek® 300 is custom run to order.
Where long sheets are used consideration must be given to:
- Special transportation licences for sheet lengths over 25m
- Site access for special lifting equipment
- Fixing techniques to accommodate thermal expansion.
DD300 Limit State Load / Span Capacity
(span in mm, distributed ultimate loads in kPa)
*Subject to availability
^ See point 5 in notes
- In any category, spans above the maximum shown should not be used. Category 1 and 2 maximum spans are based on static point load testing as a guide, and further limited by practical experience of roof performance under dynamic foot traffic loads. Category 3 maximum spans are limited as a guide to achieving satisfactory appearance for wall cladding.
- Loads given are based on clip fastening every rib at every purlin.
- Loads given are limited to a maximum of 2.2 kPa U.L.S. If design requirements exceed this limit, the push on Dimond wind clamps can be installed to double the wind uplift load.
- N/R = not recommended.
- For the purposes of serviceability design, the serviceability limit, limited by permanent rib deformation, occurs essentially at the same load as ultimate failure which is the point of disengagement of the roof with the clip.
- End span capacities given in this table are based on the end span being 2/3 of the internal span.
- Design Criteria for Limit State Capacities
- Serviceability Limit State
No deflection or permanent distortion that would cause unacceptable appearance, side lap leakage or water ponding, due to foot traffic point loads, inward or outward wind loads or snow loads.
- Ultimate Limit State
No pull through of fixings or fastener withdrawal resulting in sheet detachment due to wind up-lift (outward) loads.
- Serviceability Limit State
- System Design
The span capacity of Dimondek® 300 is determined from the Dimondek® 300 Limit State Load/Span Capacity Chart using the section of the chart appropriate to the grade and type of material, and to the category of serviceability selected from the three categories below. It is recommended that to obtain a dependable design strength capacity for the ultimate limit state, a reduction factor of Ø = 0.8 is applied.
The capacities given do not apply for cyclonic wind conditions
- Serviceability Requirements
While these categories are given for design guidance to meet the serviceability limit state criteria, foot traffic point load damage may still occur if there is careless placement of these point loads.
Expect regular foot traffic to access the roof for maintenance work and able to walk anywhere on the roof. No congregation of foot traffic expected.
Expect occasional foot traffic educated to walk only on the purlin lines, in the profile pans, or carefully across two profile ribs.
Walkways installed where regular traffic is expected, and “Restricted Access” signs placed at access points.
Non-access roof or wall
Walls or roofs where no foot traffic access is possible or permitted. If necessary, “No Roof Access” signs used.
- Wind Pressure Guide
As a guide for non-specific design the following S.L.S. design loads in accordance with the MRM Roofing Code of Practice can be used for buildings less than 10m high, otherwise AS/NZS 1170.2 should be used.
Low wind zone = 0.68kPa, Medium wind zone = 0.93kPa, High wind zone = 1.32kPa, Very high wind zone = 1.72kPa and Extra high wind zone = 2.09kPa.
DD300 Fastener Design
Dimondek® 300 is clip-fastened to either timber or steel purlins. The use of the appropriate type and length of fastener for clip fixing will ensure failure by fastener pull out will not occur under loads within the scope of the Limit State Load / Span Capacity Chart.
*If sarking or insulation is used over the purlins or for wall cladding fixing onto a cavity batten, into the stud, the screw length will need to be increased.
For screw size range refer Section 188.8.131.52 of Technical Manual.
The Limit State Load / Span Capacity Chart is based on every rib being clip fastened to every purlin or girt.
Restricted access roof, 0.55mm G300 steel Dimondek® 300 has a maximum end span of 1300mm and a maximum internal span of 2000mm. The following distributed load capacities apply.
Relevant Product CAD Details
Below you will find all of the relevant product CAD technical details in .dwg, .pdf & .rvt format.
If you have any questions regarding the details below please contact one of our technical team on 0800 ROOFSPEC.
Product Technical Statement
To help you get through the building consent process as quickly as possible, we have developed the Product Technical Statement (PTS) downloads to make it quick and easy for both Architects and Home Owners to access the documentation required.
The PTS downloads hold all of the information that the council requires for a building consent where Dimond product is specified.
Product Data Sheet
For specific design by profile please refer to the Technical Manual Section 2.1.4 or download the data sheet below
Dimondek® 400 adds architectural interest to your roof, with its broad angular ribs and wide pans it brings m...
Dimondek® 630 is a revolutionary concealed clip profile, which can be manufactured onsite in lengths up to 10...