COVID-19 Update 22nd April 2020
Following on from our update earlier in the week regarding our operations during Level 3, we are now able to provide further details of what you can expect when trading with us during Alert Level 3.
As mentioned in our last update we will re-commence manufacturing as well as deliveries and customer collections from Wednesday, 29th April. Our sales teams are available now on 0800 DIMOND for forward order processing and customer enquiries.
Order processing & capacity
- Please note that our branches will be operating at reduced capacity as we adhere to strict Alert Level 3 guidelines and we ask that you take this into account when ordering.
- The customer services team will be communicating with you on all orders as to when we will be able to manufacture and deliver them.
- We will not be allowing any walk-in sales at our branches. All sales must be placed via email or phone – you can find your local branch contact details here.
- There will be limited timespec deliveries by agreement with your local branch. Extra time must be given for the manufacture and delivery of crane orders, at least 4 days.
- Unfortunately, at this stage we will not be able to run the early bird flashing service until we are back to full capacity at lower Alert Levels.
- We will be allowing customer collections of orders from Wednesday, 29th April.
- Collection times will be between 7.30am and 4.30pm daily.
- We will be texting customers to notify them when orders are ready to be collected. The text will include your order reference number, please present this upon arrival to speed up the collection process.
- Upon arriving you will be required to report to a marked checkpoint. Note when there are other customers waiting, ensure you adhere to 2m physical distancing.
- We will be taking contact tracing details before allowing customers into dispatch areas, and we ask for your patience during peak times (i.e. early morning) as there will likely be increased waiting times as we adhere to strict Alert Level 3 guidelines.
- We will be introducing a paperless collection service, meaning that for those customers who require a copy of a delivery note, please request this when collecting and we will txt/email this to you.
- All persons collecting must have their own PPE; steel cap shoes, hi-viz, hard hat and safety glasses. Those that do not will not be allowed out of their vehicles. We will not be providing PPE for visitors as we have done in the past as a measure to eliminate the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
- Once your vehicle is loaded, we would ask customers to exit the building to complete tie-down in order to allow the next customer to enter and help speed up the order process for all customers where possible.
We also ask that all our customers follow all instructions from staff and practice the correct social distancing and public health requirements.
We acknowledge the processes we have put in place may create some temporary inconvenience however, we have done so with the ongoing health of our customers, employees and the wider community in mind. We are continuously reviewing the situation and will look to amend our process as and when guidance from the Government changes.
If you have any further questions around the processes in this update, please contact your local branch or sales representative.
Head of Sales | Dimond Roofing